psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

found out my dh was on a dating site to hook up causual sex

found out my dh was on a dating site to hook up causual sex discreet signed up 5 years ago then 6 mos ago. i am devasted. but i cannot cry. why? i just feel numb

You may be in shock. Sometimes when we find out hurtful things, it takes awhile for us to really be able to express the emotions. At first there is this sense of being numb. That is the result of a huge shock such as this. When this shock passes then you will be more willing to experience the emotions that you will have. Initially this protects you as you transition into the full range of emotions that come with being betrayed. You are still trying to sort out how you feel so I expect this kind of nothingness. If he is doing this then it is obvious that he has not considered your feelings or your relationship. The rest will be an outcome of what you decide to do with this relationship. Allow yourself to experience all your emotions which will probably include anger and resentment so that you can decide what you want to do about this relationship. The feelings of being numb will pass and then you will feel hurt but also willing to make a decision.

If this was helpful press accept