psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Hi....my partner has just ended our relationship after 12 weeks...he

Customer Question

Hi....my partner has just ended our relationship after 12 weeks...he went from ''i havn't felt these feeling like this for a very long time if ever'' to ''it just isn't going where it should be at this stage, i'm not making the effort i should be and i don't know why?'' I really felt we had something good but have just come out of a 18yrs marriage. We are both 44yrs......is it worth pusuing this realtionship?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It is confusing but sometimes emotions take a strange path. If you have come out of a 18 year marriage you may have insecurities that have taken hold and now are interfering with your relationships. On the other hand this may just be a fluke and he is the type to be undecided about relationships. You weren't together a long time so that may be something to consider. I would continue counseling just for your own benefit. Try though to take your time in relationships. Sometimes you need to hold back a little so you aren't so concerned when things don't work out. As far as being friends for most people this is very difficult especially when one person has stronger feelings than the other. This can be a way of being very unhappy because you are trying to be friends when inside you really want a relationship. Usually the person who wants a to be friends does not have the feelings invested as the other partner.

If this has been helpful press accept