psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I am divorced and have been in a long distance relationship

I am divorced and have been in a long distance relationship for over a year. My feelings for her shift from feeling excited to feeling detached which confuses me. What are your thoughts?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
Are you in a long distance relationship with your wife
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, I am divorced for four years.
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
This is typical of a long distance relationship. That is why they are so difficult. Sometimes feeling detached is a way of dealing with the instability of a LDR. If you feel detached with her then you have to ask yourself what the benefit of being together is. Usually people who feel detached are distancing themselves from a relationship in order to not see the problems that are there. It is okay to have mixed emotions but only to a certain extent. You have to ask yourself if being apart is a relationship that can work for you. You have some questions to ask yourself. Is this relationship worth the distance and am I in this relationship 100%. If not what is lacking. You have to decide what it is you want