Cathy
Cathy, Counselor
Experience:  Ms, MS.Ed., thirty years clinical practice
25773729

what is my boyfriends ex feeling

Customer Question

what is my boyfriend's ex feeling?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cathy replied 5 years ago.

Cathy :

Hi and thanks for writing JA

Cathy :

why do you care?

Cathy :

Thanks for the clarification of this question so we can best help you from JA. Cathy

JACUSTOMER-vs5a8o2n- :

because she acts so jealous, she makes me feel like i'm the other woman, i feel she has little respect for me as another woman and she doesn't respect our relationship, whether it lasts or not, she should still show me some respect as a person. In the past she has called me and harrassed me and called me nasty names, she put a dent in my car door. She has calmed down, but i feel that she is trying to shove their long relationship in my face, I don't totally understand her behavior because these are things I would not do to my ex's current girlfriend, no matter how I felt about the relationship, I would still show him and her some respect.

JACUSTOMER-vs5a8o2n- :

Just trying to understand her, never dealt with this type of behavior before

Cathy :

How old are you?

JACUSTOMER-vs5a8o2n- :

31

Cathy :

Oh my

Cathy :

Okay look, adults dont behave this way so I thought for sure you were a teenager.

Cathy :

I dont understand at all how she can make you feel anything. Adults are not controlled so how does anyone make you feel anything?

Cathy :

and is this relationship that unstable that you actually think about this?

Cathy :

come one

Cathy :

come on

Cathy :

You are 31 and involved with a guy that you are so insecure about that you actually care what his ex thinks?

Cathy :

oh my

Cathy :

Look why dont you sit down and think about this a bit and write us back. I am happy to help you on this but I dont think you have communicated this as you had wished. The way this is written is not what I think you meant to write. Just let us know. Cathy