psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

There is a man that I have been seeing for almost two years

There is a man that I have been seeing for almost two years that is 64 years old and I am 48 years old. He has a lot a money. We do not share a lot of the same interests and I want to break it off. We have only being living together for 3 weeks and I don't feel comfortable at all. He also wants to move overseas in 2 to 3 years and I do not want to go. I have to children. One moved away (he is 18) and I have the other with me (he is 16).
He said that if I do not stay with him that he is going to leave in less than a week because he has no reason to be here except for me. He will quit his job.
He also told me that I cannot make it without him.
What the heck do I do???????????????????????
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You have no obligation to this man. Even though you moved in, you still have a right to make your own decisions. You very intelligently lay out reasons for not wanting to be there. You should never be anywhere just out of obligation. He will be upset but when it is over he will move on. Don't stay out of guilt. You have made it this long so you will make it longer. You didn't wait for his support and his relationship at your age so you do not have to justify your decision. It just isn't working. Just end it and respect him by moving out. It is best to end this now then wait until you have invested months or years. He is acting out to give you the impression he is panicking and making you feel guilty but don't stay for that. Decide when you are leaving and make plans. If he leaves after that then so be it

If this was helpful press accept