psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I KNOW I HAVE BEEN WRITING TO YOU OVER MY RELATIONSHIP WITH

I KNOW I HAVE BEEN WRITING TO YOU OVER MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND OF OVER 20YRS. IN RELATION TO THIS WHY AM I SO LOYAL TO HER AND I KEEP ASKING MYSELF WHY DO I KEEP DOING THINGS FOR HER SO MUCH?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.

You are making the mistake that many do in giving too much. There are many reasons why people do this. One is that you may be insecure and feel that giving too much is a way to keep the relationship rather than relying on just the give and take necessary to have a relationship. You may be just too nice and feel that giving others too much is your way of interacting with them. You have to find a way to value yourself so you don't overextend yourself. You have to practice not doing this and eventually you will accept that she likes you just for you. Your need to realize that overextending yourself will not maintain a relationship that may or may not last. You have to practice saying NO. It's that simple. Set guidelines for yourself that are realistic. Do what you want to do instead of what you feel you need to do. Start today. Do only what is reasonable and resist the rest. You have to put this in practice and then you will do it more and more.

If this has been helpful press accept