Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

I have a fairly new friend who I have periodically spent time

I have a fairly new friend who I have periodically spent time talking with at my job. He just has asked me to a BBQ at his house with several of his friends and family, and I "excitedly" accpeted. It is due to take PLACE in a couple of days and im now worried that I have not made it clear that I only want be friends, and I think he may have other intentions.

I don't want to go through the whole length of the BBQ with him thinking hopefully that this is leading somewhere only to disapoint him unnecessarily in the end. On the other hand, I'm afraid that mentioning this upfront at the BBQ, or even a day so earlier (if by chance i should see him), would seem very presumptuous on my part, and may very likely embarass us both!!! PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!!
Don't mention it. You are jumping to conclusions. You need to let this thing play out and see what his intentions are. After all, going to a bbq could be harmless. If he makes a move on you then you kindly decline. That way it saves both of you the embarrassment. Oh and try to have fun!!!