psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

my husband of 25 years took off with his friend of the opposite

my husband of 25 years took off with his friend of the opposite sex and i didnt see him for 5 days, he swears nothing happened, he just needed to get away, but i cant forgive him is this wrong for me to feel this way
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.

You are not wrong to want to know what happened. However if you trust your husband you have to be willing to accept the answer. If you are not sure, then this suggests that you are worried about this and your relationship. Nevertheless you are entitled to know. If he did take off and didn't return for 5 days, this at least suggests that he has no respect for the relationship. This is dismissive of your feelings and seems that he can at times be selfish. Get to the bottom of this incident.

If this has been helpful press accept