psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I been with my boyfriend 5 years we are both 23. We still live

I been with my boyfriend 5 years we are both 23. We still live with our parents. He works when hes not at school. Our summer just started and I thought we can finally have some time for each other but that's not the case. His 8 year old sister is always in the way. He chooses to please her over spending some time together. I'm tired of not being able to kiss him or be alone with him. He allows her to be in the room with us all day. She pushes the door and wants all his attention. I ask him if I can have at least 10 minutes alone with him today but he wouldn't answer my question. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
If he isn't going to compromise then this will be a problem in solving any issue. Everything takes compromise. You need to let him know that there has to be communication and compromise or the relationship may be in trouble. You can survive with no alone time. If he won't make allowances for you now he may not in the future either. Maybe he needs a wake up call.