psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I met this girl about 4 weeks ago

Customer Question

I met this girl about 4 weeks ago, we started talking and hanging out a lot. We have both been flirtatious towards one another. The past week she called me, text me all the time. She brought up the notion to come stay with her at her place this past Friday and sleep. I did and nothing sexual happened besides making out and cuddling. I did not see her all weekend and now she is rarely texting me and doesnt call me.  Also, on Saturday she is suppose to go with me to my friends engagement party with me and I texted her about it and she is not responding to me.  I texted her last night and she responded and we were just talking but when I texted her the question she didnt respond.  I texted her this morning to find out if she read it and no response.  I know she has her phone on her because she is on facebook. 
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
Sometimes when you start a romance mixed signals can occur for many reasons. This can lead to a romance progressing or not progressing. This can include physical interactions and how one perceives the interaction. The best remedy is honest communication. Ask her. I wonder if because there was not a sexual act maybe she feels that you are not as happy about this as she is. Let her know that you want to pursue and plan for some dates, and that you were not being disrespectful or uninterested.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I didnt want to pursue something sexual because it was our first time being together over night and didnt want to come off like a guy only in to one thing. What do I do about this weekend and her not responding to me about the party? Over text phone calls and in person we were both very flirty with each other. I dont know what happened? If she doesnt respond to my texts how am I suppose to ask her?
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
You have to wait to hear from her (unless you are going alone). You have no choice. You have to communicate somehow - there is no other way. Be proactive and send her one last text saying it concerns tonight
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She texted me back stating that she received my text but was running around. She said that she has to check to make sure she has a babysitter and let me know by Friday. At least she texted me back to let me know. Her attitude just seems different though. She doesn't ask how my day was or how I'm doing. I'm still uncertain. If she does come with me to the party, should I ask her at the end of the night if there is anything wrong with her and I? Is something bothering her?
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
That was a very good sign. I think you should ask her if anything is wrong (leave off you and I). See what information you get. If she asks why just say you seem a little different. That seems direct but not pushy
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
And if she doesn't end up going? Then what? Ask her to go out to dinner sometime next week?
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
Yes, yes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
At that point can I ask if everything is ok?
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
Absolutely