How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am with a man for almost five years now. I have been raising

Customer Question

I am with a man for almost five years now. I have been raising his 3 kids as my own this whole time. I have grown to love them with all my heart. Their bio mother is not in the picture. He leaves 2 weeks at a time for his work. I just found out he has been calling and communicating with his x-girlfriend for at least 3 mos.. most likely longer, possibly a full year. His x girlfriend from years and years ago. But- she is married to his brother. I should leave- problem is I will definitely lose my 3 kids. We are not married. I am dying inside. What should I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.

That is very unfortunate. I would not stand for this behavior either. But before you leave it is often life changing to try couples counseling for a while. You can present the issue of his inappropriate behavior and see where it goes. If you are concerned about losing the kids this would be an option. If you don't want to attend, then there is individual counseling to get past the heartache of what he has done. You may be able to save your family. Also address the issue of situational depression on your own. This may help to clear your head and make an appropriate decision. If you talk about this as a couple, decide if you two can move past this on your own. He may be genuinely remorseful about what he has done. Find out the reason before you decide if you can forgive him.



If this has been helpful press accept