How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello Im a 38 year old women I have 15 month old twins and

Resolved Question:

Hello I'm a 38 year old women I have 15 month old twins and a 9 year old daughter . They are my life. I've been with the father of the twins for 4 years now. I know he loves the twins more then anyone! They are his life. But before they were born we were going to go our own ways. When they came he changed his mind, and stayed. Well not good he is out there cheating, not coming home and so on. I know the only reason he's here is for the twins. I'm so unhappy and feel so disrespected! I know in my heart he is not in love with me anymore, he loves me because of the kids. What should I do? Lost in sadness
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
He is thinking that that is what you want to hear. A guy who is cheating is not focusing on getting married. You deserve a guy who is there for you. If he is only there for the kids, that can explain his behavior. He is disrespecting the relationship because there is no real relationship. You are both parents not committed to each other. I would suggest you look for the relationship that you deserve and let this go. If you are not able to do this, then test his commitment by going to couples counseling. I still think that you deserve to not be so sad. Ask yourself if this is what you really want and find a way to disconnect from this situation. He can still be a parent, but he is not being a boyfriend.
psychlady and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you