How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband and i separeted cause he would always hit me and

Customer Question

my husband and i separeted cause he would always hit me and offend me know he wants to come back he says he changed how should i know
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
You should not in most cases reunite with an abuser unless there has been some sort of an intervention by a professional. The most effective approach is to participate in counseling before you reunite. Problems like these don't just go away. What often happens is that there will be a honeymoon period where the abuser will be very good and very nice. When they in your good graces, the abusive behavior returns and sometimes it is worse. You deserve a relationship that is healthy. It will be very difficult the next time for others to take it seriously if you are in danger especially the police and the court. If he is serious about changing, he will go to therapy and develop healthy boundaries.