psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

MY BF OF FOUR YEARS IS MOVING OUT TOMORROW. SAYS HE LOVES ME

Customer Question

MY BF OF FOUR YEARS IS MOVING OUT TOMORROW. SAYS HE LOVES ME BUT THAT THE PASSION IS GONE. I DONT WANT HIM TO LEAVE. HOW CAN I CONVINCE HIM THAT OUR SON IS WORTH US TRUING TO REKINDLE THE ROMANCE?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately you can't "convince" someone to stay. Your option is to make one last effort by making your plea to him today in a way that will cause him to reconsider. If he is set on moving out, that's what he will do. However, see if he is willing to see a professional with you to sort this out and it may be temporary. Appeal to his responsibility as a father. Try to get a commitment to do this before he leaves. That way you may find ways to keep promises to each other. Even if you both talk to your pastor or some other person you can start to rebuild things. Remind him that he will still interact because of your son. If he still leaves find support for yourself