psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I have been in a long-term relationship for some time now and

I have been in a long-term relationship for some time now and I find myself in a quandry . My dillemma is that I really love my girlfriend but I have chemistry issues with her . II am attracted to her but find myself not having passion to kiss her...I feel like we barely laugh together ... In addtion over the last few years she has been all over me about buying her a ring even when we were having relationship issues such bad chemistry, trust issues etc... Right now things are somewhat smoother but this past Christmas she bought herself a ring that looks exactly like an engagement ring that she is telling people came from me . She claims that it is not intended to be an engagement ring but she wears it out on her left hand when we are together ...I love her but dont understand why I can't committ...?
Commitment is scary for some people. First try to find your chemistry again. Schedule date nights and other times for special things. Sometimes this helps to renew things a little. When you both are comfortable not on the date discuss this at length. Depending on that conversation decide how you would like to proceed. It isn't fair if she wants marriage to postpone this decision. If you may never want to get married tell her that. Let her make an informed decision. She may be hurt but she won't have any false hope. Evaluate your level of commitment and let her know. Otherwise it's not fair. Make a plan if maybe in the future and let her know that too. Just be honest with her and yourself to answer that question