psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I just recently got out of a relationship because the last

I just recently got out of a relationship because the last dispute we had became pretty physical. In the time that I ended this relationship until now, my ex has been holding on to my property that is still at his house (clothes, shoes, personal products, and even kitchen products) all because he wants me to give him a ring that he purchased for me as a birthday gift. Is it or is it not correct that I am not obliged to return to him the ring unless I choose to being that it was given to me as a gift? And what should I do about getting my property back because honestly I am not comfortable going to his house by myself.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
I can only answer from a therapist's standpoint. You should not go to his home alone. So many women get hurt by trusting someone one more time. You should go with an escort preferably the police. As far as your ring, that too you have to ask a Just Answer lawyer