TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

My husband is a recovering abusive alcoholic. MY DAUGHTER

Customer Question

My husband is a recovering abusive alcoholic. MY DAUGHTER AGE 30 HAS WITHDRAWN ALL CONTACT AND SUPPORT SINCE he has stopped drinking. she now calls him frequently, met him outside the home for xmas and has had no contact with me for 6 months. she is our only child and we have been very close. she does not want me to visit her and states she is tired of carting me around. she lives in the san francisco area. I am heartbroken. any suggestions will be appreciated. mh
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

What reason is she giving you for treating you this way? What is causing this?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
only that she supported me through the drinking and now she was going to support her father. there is a lot of strain between me and her father.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
Is she blaming you or is she punishing you for something? She can support her dad without alienating you. Has this happened in the past or is it a new behavior? What does she want from you?