How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Rossi Your Own Question
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Lived with a Borderline Personality disorder person

Resolved Question:


Lived with a Borderline Personality disorder person for alittle over ayear. Moved out May 2010 and know hw is not right for me but I still feel attached to him. What is the best advise for me?

Thank You in advance for your advise.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.



you can like the person but not be able to deal with the disorder. If he is not getting help for himself such as DBT or making any attempts to manage his behavior, then it makes sense that you'd move on.


It would be better for you to find strength and halt the contact at least until you see him making some behavioral changes within himself. Otherwise, you'd find yourself on the same roller coaster as when you were together. You do not want to give him any false idea( because it is going to be interpreted an opportunity by him), and you do not want to be the codependent partner/friend for him.


Say Goodbye to Your PDI (Personality Disordered Individuals): Recognize People Who Make You Miserable and Eliminate Them from Your Life for Good! by Stan Kapuchinski (Paperback)

Dr Rossi and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you