Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

My girlfriend and I have been breaking up for a long time.

Customer Question
We lived together for 2.5...
My girlfriend and I have been breaking up for a long time. We lived together for 2.5 years and now have been living apart since end of July. We started seeing each other, like dating for a month or so, after the break, and then things deterioated to aguing as we used to so she told me that it was done. She has also seen and has started talking with an old boyfriend that lives far away in another city. When she informed me that she wanted to see where that would go and that we were now done for sure, I told her I was not interested in a friendship with her, as she was now suggesting, I want to be her boyfriend not a freind. I stopped talking to her except in cases where we had to, as we owned a house together and were selling it. I kept these conversations business like and so did she.

Recently she emailed me to ask about a coat and knapsack that were at the house, which I still live in. I told her to go ahead and get them because I was out of town. She emailed back that her key did not work and had i changed the locks. I had changed the locks before, so it was a legitimate quest. although this time I had not and I am pretty sure she did have a key. When I returned home, the next day I got an email about her coat and could i tell her how she could get it or if I could leave it somewhere for her to pick up. I told her she could come over later if I am home and pick it up. She agreed and I thought I would just give her the item an be polite and say good bye. as she was leaving she looked at me with expectation in her eyes (I thought) so, I sked her if she would like to come in for a drink, she readily agreed. We spent a couple of hours together and it seemed very friendly and casual. I told her finally that I had a phone call to make and she said she had to get going. All ended well. I was hopefull that she may be interested in us.

The next day I gat an email, that paraphrased said: thanks for the drink, does this mean we are being friendly to each other, i want to be clear since she has been business like to respect my wish to not be in contact and that was not her preference. She thinks that it would be good for both if she knows how to approach our communications and what the expectations are around them, but if I don't agree that is ok too. I responded with, you are welcome, it was good to see you , I am fine with being friendly.

I get mixed messages from this email. Is she trying to get back together with me or is she just trying to be my friend as she said she always wanted? I don't know how to go about contacting her. I love her and i would like to be with her again. I have heard that jumping the gun is not a good idea, But it is very difficult to not call and stuff. She knows that I love her and would like to be a couple. Is she just playing with me? How can I tell if she is really interested in reuniting or just being a friend?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Relationship
Answered in 1 day by:
12/8/2010
Counselor: Walt-mod,
 replied 6 years ago
Walt-mod
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor