Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I just got married a few weeks ago to a philippine women and

I just got married a few weeks ago to a philippine women and I am an american. She is a very kind and beautiful women but we are having a little trouble in our sex life. She was a virgin and so was I. The problem is we have been having trouble having intercourse. Not sure why. She says that she is small and I am a large man so it is painful and it doesn't seem to be working. It is becoming frustrating for me and I feel bad for her. Is this normal ? What should we do?

Yes, it is possible to have this going on with her. There are different disorders. One of them is called vaginismus. Another condition is dyspareunia These are treatable conditions. You may want to find out if she is willing to get some help with this. Depending on which disorder she may be suffering from, you can have her speak to a counselor, OBYN, hypnotherapist and other professionals that handle this such as sex therapists. First have someone evaluate her to arrive at the correct diagnosis and then follow up with treatment. Most important is for her to feel understood and supported by you during this time.