How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Rossi Your Own Question
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After 23 years of faithful service my wife disappears for four

This answer was rated:

After 23 years of faithful service my wife disappears for four days and calls me and tells me she can no longer be with me. I believe she is have an affair. What should I do? We live in VA.



If both of you want to work on the marriage, she has to tell you what is going on. There has to be a clear plan such as going to marital counseling, discussing what each one wants/expects of one another, improve communication, etc.


Even if you've indicated that you do not want separation, she has to want to work on the marriage, which means she has to halt communicating with the alleged partner.


You will have to be able to trust her even if you've decided to forgive her. Do what is best for you; set expectations of her and a deadline.

Dr Rossi and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions