How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cathy Your Own Question
Cathy, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1436
Experience:  Ms, MS.Ed., thirty years clinical practice
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Cathy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved out of my boyfriends house after a disagreement, he

Resolved Question:

I moved out of my boyfriends house after a disagreement, he was out of town at a slot tournament, he is accusing me of stealing a huge amount of money off his desk. He is paranoid about protecting his money, I took nothing that was his, he claims he is filing theft charges with the DA's office what is the process?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cathy replied 7 years ago.

Hi and thanks for writing JA


I have watched your question all day and also go unanswered all day. I think the reason is that there is insufficient information to respond.


Based SOLELY upon what you have posted here, do nothing.


If he asks the DA to prosecute you he needs evidence that he had money in his house and that you took it. It is also impossible to prove a cash theft unless he recorded serial numbers. It sounds as if he is threatening you because he is angry that you left him and nothing more.


If the police have not been around to serve you with a warrant and to arrest you I would say do nothing.

He has nothing to go on and I am sure he wants to hurt you so this is a good enough threat as any?

Let me know if you have more information to add or more questions to ask.

Based SOLEY UPON WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED the response is to do nothing.

Warm regards,


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can a person walk into a DA's office and file an issue like this?
Expert:  Cathy replied 7 years ago.
No. You have to have proof.

If this were not the case and anyone could walk into the district attorneys office and say whatever they liked about anyone......well, we would all be locked up.

He has to show proof and that would mean, catching you on a surveillance tape, catching you admit to having to stolen the money, catching you spending the money with the serial numbers he had previous recorded, etc and so on.

He has no proof from what you say, so do not worry. He is just trying to cause you grief.
Cathy and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you