How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Rossi Your Own Question
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 58 yr old male with 3 children in their twenties. The

Resolved Question:

I am a 58 yr old male with 3 children in their twenties. The youngest still lives with me and is 24 years old and has problems with depression. I have been involved with a widow of 50 for the last 7 years. She has two children 17 and 20 who live with her. I am getting huge pressure from her to marry her, but due to a bad divorce and my daughter who lives with me who would not do well living in a blended family situation I am keen to continue living in separate houses. We holiday together and are known as a "couple". Also I have inherited and earned a lot of money. Between my father and I that took 60 years to build up and I want to make sure that when I die that money goes to my children--it is their birth right.
My partner is a good person but this has become a huge issue with her and it is destroying my qwuality of life.We have broken up twice for 6 months at a time over these issues in the last 4 years. I am happy with the status quo she is not. Please help [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Afternoon,


Not sure what the question is that you want to address (mental health/relational or legal)


From a relational/mental health stand point- you should not do anything you do not want to do. If you've been dating her for a while, it is natural that she would have some sort of expectations. What is not natural is for you to give her or entitle her to your money. That is why there is prenuptial agreements.


You also have the issue with your daughter (but you may figure out if you're enabling her by allowing her to reside with you. She's an adult and would have to move on with her life and not overly depend on you. You've got your life to live and enjoy.


Your 24 yol son with the depression (hopefully he is getting help/treatment for that) You're not superman and there comes a time when you do what you want and what makes you happy. It is not healthy to be on the other extreme and just give and give.

Dr Rossi and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you