TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I have been seeing a man in who works in the same department

Customer Question

I have been seeing a man in who works in the same department as I. He is my superior, well, my boss's boss. Its been going on for about 3 months. I live and work remote, he visits when he is here for work business, which is about every few weeks. The first time we were together, we sort of came to a agreement that it was just a bit of fun, and thats all we are, "fun". I felt an instant attraction when we first met. For the first couple of months when we were 'together' he keep asking, keep reassuring that I was ok with us, with our arrangement. I was fine with just a bit of 'fun'. But now I miss him more and think of him every day/night. Just hearing his name in passing conversation makes me smile. I want more, I want him so much more I need him. When he visits after sex we would about everything and anything. He tells me about his six year old daughter and his past, family and friends. Our talks are becoming for deeper and about our feelings for each other. We've kept our relationship/arrangement a secret from the other staff, as he is their superior.During his last visit he told how he can't resist me, how his heart races when we are in the same room. He gave me a love bite on my neck and just before doing it he said " if I were to mark your neck then everybody here will find out about us ". I'm 23, he is 39 and I can't help but think that as much as I want more from him, maybe its just unrealistic and we should just keep our arrangement, just sex. I don't know what to do, I know I 'm falling for him. I just don't want to risk my heart, and if it ends badly risk my job.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 6 years ago.
is he married?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No he isn't married, he does have a six year old daughter. He has spoken to me about his daughter before we started fooling around. She lives with her mother. A one night gone wrong according to him.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not received an answer yet, do you need more information??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.