Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

My wife and I have been married four years and have three children

together. Just a little background...
My wife and I have been married four years and have three children together. Just a little background; when we dating, she asked me what my fantasy was and I told her it was a threesome with another girl and that put her over the edge for a couple of hours. No more than an hour ago, my wife says that she wants to watch me have sex with another woman. She told me that she is curious and is 100% sure that its what she wants me to do, but she said its not a free pass to cheat on her. I told her the major consequences that could derived from this happening, but she is intent on seeing this through. I'm 26 and my wife is 29. Why after the grief I was put through with the threesome answer I gave her while we were dating would she bring this question into our marriage now?

Josh.
8/7/2010
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist

Good Morning,

Her reasons may be based on different things- 1/ feeling that she's missing onto things that she could have done/explored when it was just the two of you, 2/ feeling stagnant in the relationship 3/ having an early existential crisis, 4/ thinking that this behavior would somehow bring a sense of excitement in her life, etc. She herself ought to be able to explain this to you.

Now that the two of you have a family, there are things to consider if this is to take place.

Humans are not programmed to be monogamous. This may be a red flag that something is going on with the marriage and with her.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
the answer seems lacking and almost cliche. I think I've read similar comments online for free.

The best part about Just Answer is that you do not have to pay if you're unsatisfied.

Your question was "Why after the grief I was put through with the threesome answer I gave her while we were dating would she bring this question into our marriage now?"

The answers were speculations (not a psychological eval of your wife via this online Q and A service)

She is the best person to answer that question for you. Good Luck.

Edited by Dr Rossi on 8/8/2010 at 9:24 PM EST
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist