Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Hello, I am a 23-year old recent college graduate who just

Customer Question
moved across the country with...
Hello, I am a 23-year old recent college graduate who just moved across the country with her boyfriend of 6 months from college. We have a very close relationship and had been friends for some time before we started dating, and most of our friends are mutual ones. In April I found out that my boyfriend invited another girl, also his friend (but not mine) out to a private lunch and then lied to me about where he was- he didn't exactly lie, but he didn't tell me. When I confronted him, he said he didn't tell me because he knew I would worry about it at the time if I knew and it was just a friendly lunch. I forgave him but I am having a hard time forgetting the incident, and my insecurities are amplified by the fact that she lives a few hours away from where we just moved in California and is constantly contacting him on our social networks. Are my jealousies and fears irrational? How can I deal with my feelings, either on my own or with my boyfriend? How can I ever fully trust him again, especially if he goes on business trips near this girl's town in the future? If he is going to the trouble of having lunch with this girl when he is in a relationship with me, does it mean he is at least somewhat interested in her?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Relationship
Answered in 1 day by:
7/12/2010
Counselor: Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist replied 7 years ago
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist