Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

How can I be a good listener to my wife and really know what

How can I be a good listener to my wife and really know what shes saying.(Needs) Trust
issues here possible infidelity Honesty is seeming to be a problem on her part as honest as she can be? for now I don"t want to be pushy and a spy but dont want to be lied to either
and led on.Im no saint But I do Love my wife and took my vows seriously when I said them.Its been hard for me to really listen im feeling un-apperciated and burnt out but not giving up.and have voiced this as well.do not think she realizes things
she is doing and not doing.Or does ???> Hellooooo
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

The way to be a good listener to your wife (-and vice versa for her listening to you) is to of course listen to what she says and then when she is finished tell her that you want to be sure that you understood what she was sharing with you and then summarize what she was saying and repeat it back to her. If you begin doing this exercise in listening, you typically will find that both of you will begin communicating better because she will clarify anything you may have misunderstood and vice versa for her listening to you and understanding you correctly.