Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.
30853534

Ive been corresponding with a guy through a dating site for

I've been corresponding with a guy through a dating site for two months we communicate everyday via email, text, & ph calls we planned to meet the end of July. We talk about alot of topics such as music, family values, his son, politics, current events, past relationships, sex etc. we shared alot in common..I come to respect his honesty about certain things about him...I didn't heard from him in two days and I figured he was just busy plus there is no obligation to each other since we are at the first stage and we are not a couple. I only missed chatting with him, so this past Sunday he texted me I was very excited to get a message from him but without thinking I jokingly wrote "do I know u" I competely thought the conversation would go in a different direction we would laugh about it and move on but the total opposite happened I never heard from him again..I sent an email explaning and apologized but no respond. I feel really stupid about what I said, it was meant as a joke I think he took it the wrong way...so now I could use your advice on whether to try and rectify it and how or is it a lost cause??
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

When did you send the e-mail?? (Wondering how long it's been and whether you've had any reply yet)

How quickly did he respond to e-mails in the past?

You did the right thing by quickly sending an explanation of what you intended. Text and e-mail can be so difficult since so much of communication is lost in the process (tone of voice and body language that helps us to know whether someone is serious or not, for example). You've explained yourself and apologized and now it's simply a waiting game. If he responds, then you'll know you have another shot at this. If not, perhaps he's not the kind of guy you want to meet anyway. Wouldn't you rather have someone with a sense of humor and the ability to forgive when you feel like you've made a mistake?