Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My 25 year-old daughter engaged to married in one year. The…

Customer Question
My 25 year-old daughter engaged...
My 25 year-old daughter engaged to married in one year. The problem is both sets of parents agree that we and they are so very different in too many different ways.
He is definitely a introvert and she an outgoing, extrovert.
I think the feelings are mutual that we and our daughters finance' have nothing in common.
Our concern is that possibly our daughter does not realize what she is settling for. She has only really dated one other for apx. 4 years (had the opposite personality) and really went from this to dating the now fiance of 2 years.
She wants us to be "on-board" with all of this and her wedding plans.
As much as I want to be "on-board" , I feel something is not right. How can I be "on-board"? She is my only daughter, and Yes, I believe she deserves so much more.
I believe he will move and pull her away from her family, if they marry. It seems everything is all for "him" and none for her. I am afraid
her sweet personality will surcome to his dominance without her realizing.
eg: He likes country and quite and she likes to, on the spur of the moment (occasionlly fly to New York)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Relationship
6/24/2010
Counselor: Dr.G., Psychologist replied 8 years ago
Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I thought I was getting my answer from one of the
ladies pictured.
Relist: I thought I was getting answer from picture, a lady Dr. (Brown hair)
Would have to see the pictures again to see the name.
And No I did not like the quality of the answer
given by Dr. G. However, I did expect such a
shallow answer from a male.

.
I thought I was getting answer from picture, a lady Dr. (Brown hair)
shallow answer from a male.