Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

Why dose My girl Friend not understand why i could love here

Why dose My girl Friend not understand why i could love here she told me that people Did Not Like here 5 Years ago no wanted her what do i do to ease her mind on this

I would keep bringing her back to the current moment and re-focus on the "now" time. Tell her what you love about her. If she starts talking about before, remind her that you're here with her right now because you want to be with her. You have a choice, and she is it for you. Don't get caught up in defending other people from 5 years ago, just ask her to take you as you are and hopefully with time, she will trust you.

Anna