Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

Hello! I am dealing with a former ex that has a current girlfriend

Customer Question

Hello! I am dealing with a former ex that has a current girlfriend that has major jealousy/trust issues. He and I have business that we are dealing with and have to go out of town and if she was more emotionally stable and realized that he and I are just friends, she would be okay. However, she has major trust issues with him and I just told him I am not allowing her to come on this trip especially if she will potentially cause problems. I am not typically a jealous woman and in the past when it came to dealing with jealousy, I am human, but I typically will tell the man he can go to the new woman. I just will not allow this girl to come and make me uncomfortable. To me, if she really loves him, then she should trust him or if not let him go. I think I am doing the right thing by setting the boundaries.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,

Yes, setting boundaries is important in any relationship. If this is a work related trip, then she really would not need to tag along. He would be focused on the business/work that you and he need to do not in entertaining her.

Of course, he will also have to relate that to her (you do not want to seem like the bad guy and him to remain passive) She is his girlfriend and he needs to set boundaries or at least ensure her of whatever she needs reassurance. Neither you nor he can fix her jealousy or trust issues. Try not to get absorbed by it (this is their drama to handle) and personal affairs and work should be separated so you have taken the initiative to remind them of that.