Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

Hi. I recently studied in Italy and met an Italian there.

Hi. I recently studied in Italy and met an Italian there. I had a boyfriend before I left and cheated on him with this Italian guy. I told my boyfriend about it and broke up with him. The Italian and I spent a lot of time together during the 4 months while in Italy and really hit it off. I'm back in the States now. The Italian wants me to go back to finish what we started and see what happens. He said he will pay for my two-way plane ticket, I can stay with him, etc. and when I'm ready to go home I can at anytime. He says that I can take classes and work there. I do care about him and see a future (maybe he's not the one...but who can know.). If I went back I would graduate next Fall when I'm supposed to graduate in the Spring so I would be sacrificing time in school. Not sure if I should go?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, it sounds as if you both had a great time and would like to spend more time together. Therefore, give it a try because there is no way to know if a relationship will work unless you try it and see. As long as you feel safe and secure with this guy, then go for it and see what happens. It sounds as if he is up to this now you just have to go and give it a shot and this way you won't be in the states driving yourself crazy with "what if I had gone back" questions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you Angela. I'm so scared what everyone else things it's been hard to make my own decisions. I know my family wouldn't approve with the idea of me leaving for a guy and I feel "weak" for doing so. But I do care about him. I've been fighing with the idea for almost a month now.
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
I understand your concerns, but as long as the above things are true that I wrote about in my previous post, then go for it. Naturally, be sure your family has all of his information if you do go for it and keep in touch with your family on a weekly basis at the minimum to help ease their discomfort with you being so far away.