Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I am on my second marriage his third. The children living with

Customer Question
us his 15 yr old...
I am on my second marriage his third. The children living with us his 15 yr old and my 21 yr old who just graduated from post secondary. The chores for both boys are cutting lawn, blowing snow in winter, clean bedrooms and they each have there own bathroom to clean. My son does all that is asked and more usally something for my husband to show appreciation. Like washing his vehicle. His son I have concerns for his grades are great in the 90's and he never does homework. He has to be told to do his chores every single time gets mad and once when his dad was not around called me a bitch. When I speak to my husband regarding his son he yells instead of handing out a punishment. The boy is on computer on weekdays from 4:10pm to bedtime at 10:30 on weekends from 10:30am till midnite. My husband gets mad at me for saying anything I don't yell I am a talker. I am ready to pull my hair out summer holidays are coming he will be on comuter all day I offered to do things with him what can I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Relationship
Relist: No answer yet.
On your home page some people have said they have an answer in 6 minutes. I didn't expect an answer in 6 minutes I did expect an answer in 3 days. So if your not answering my question or don't have the time I ask that you please not charge my credit card. Thank You.
Answered in 3 days by:
6/8/2010
Counselor: Joan-Mod, JA Moderator replied 7 years ago
Joan-Mod
Joan-Mod, JA Moderator
This is Joan and I am a Moderator:
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Best,
Joan

We are on a second marriage. He has a son 15 and I have a son 21 living in our family home. We have given our son's chores cutting lawn snow blowing the driveway keeping there rooms tidy and clean and they each have threre own bathroom to clean. My son does his share of the chores but I have to tell his son everytime to go out and do his share of the lawn mowing, snowblowing, his room and to clean his bathroom. This has been going on for 4 years now. His son gets home from school on weekdays at 4 gets on the computer gaming till 10:30 and on weekends he is on the computer from 10:00 in the morning till midnite. I tried to talk to my husband telling him this was not normal to have a 15 year old being on the computer pretty much 24/7. My husband got mad at me said I am always picking on his son but I only ask him to do the chores he was asked to do and I told my husband that I would of never allowed my son to be on the computer for hours on end. Is being on a computer for roughly 61 hours per week gaming normal or how should I handle this situation if it in not normal?

TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor