Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I am a single mother with a 3 year old and I am dating someone

I am a single mother with a 3 year old and I am dating someone who was divorced 5 years ago and has a 9 year old. I want to know what is an acceptable time to introduce the children to each other and the other person that we are dating.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

An acceptable time to introduce the children to each other is when you know your relationship is serious and you expect it to last. Until your relationship is serious and expected to last it's best not to introduce the children because the relationship could end and thereby causing the children unnecessary distress due to the new child and boyfriend being out of your child's life.