How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angela Your Own Question
Angela, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 681
Experience:  n/a
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Angela is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am in a bind my husband as recently found out i cheated he

Customer Question

i am in a bind my husband as recently found out i cheated he wants me to take a poygraph test but i dont want to because i dpnt believe they are accurate on top of that he cheated on me to and i did not make him go thru one or care for him yo take one what do i do?

Optional Information:
Gender: female
Age: 24

Already Tried:
telling him y feelings twords this test. reminding him i have foriven him befor but i know it dose not excuse me for my actions left the house for 3 weeks i am now back i am in the military and i believe he can ruin my career with this.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, I would recommend talking to your husband once again and in your own words and explaining the following: tell him how you feel about him and tell him once again you are sorry. Then tell him you will not have the polygraph because it is not fair to request this of you. Remind him how you forgave him when he cheated on you and that you would like for him to do the same. Discuss all of this with him. Also, the military does have a strict code of ethics, therefore, I would advise you to immediately seek out the liaison officer etc. for your branch of the military and to have a confidential conversation with him/her about the possible repercussions from this. For example: if you are in the Army, then you could contact the Army well being office and ask to speak to the family liaison to confidentially and discreetly discuss your situation. Click here for the web page for the Army well being office and in their information they explain how they are their to help the soldiers. Since you are now back in the military, I would do this asap and then you could have the conversation I described above with your husband after you have first contacted the liaison officer.