How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angela Your Own Question
Angela, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 681
Experience:  n/a
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Angela is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are looking for a non-faith based marriage

Resolved Question:

My husband and I are looking for a non-faith based marriage counselor in our area ( we live in Milwaukee WI). Based on the history of infidelity, gambling addiction, anger management issues, childhood sexual abuse, extremely high intelligence and cognitive thinking flaws that resulted in extensive financial criminal history in my husband's case is there any particular style or methodology we should be looking for? Any referrals would be also greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

You could consider seeking a therapist who utilizes Gestalt therapy techniques. I like this particular type of therapy because it emphasizes personal responsibility which would be appropriate given the various issues you mentioned above. Click here to read more about Gestalt therapy.
Angela and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you