How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.G. Your Own Question
Dr.G., Psychologist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1525
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr.G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is literally driving me crazy. Im 19yrs old 4 months

Customer Question

My husband is literally driving me crazy. I'm 19yrs old 4 months pregnant he doesn't pay the rent on our apartment until I start looking for somewhere to stay because of all the eviction notices we get. He also hasn't paid our light bill in almost 4 months, which is the ONLY utility he has to pay since we have neither cable or internet, and they turned my lights off yesterday. He also hasn't bought or given me money to buy food or maternity clothing. I've talked to both his Chief and his CMC on multiple occasions and nothing is really being done. I keep getting the run around and I'm tired of it. He keeps rubbing in my face that he's about to get kicked out and he will not have to provide for me ever again. Yes, we are seeking a divorce, but haven't filed for divorce or separation yet. He's trying to kick me out of our apartment and move me into a smaller one in an environment I'm sure I wont be comfortable in. I don't know where to turn anymore please help!

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
I think it is time to move back with your parents until you have the baby and can afford a place on your own. t might take a little begging but hopefully ythey will let you back in so that you can avoid the loser of a husband you chose.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I've been there too they wont let me stay with them there's no room in their house and they have 4 other kids

Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
Then find a homeless shelter if you don't have anyone you can stay with. Maybe a women's shelter would be fitting for you. There is also something called adult foster care where you would stay with someone temporarily until you are back on your feet. To do that you might need to go to social services and see if they can refer to either one of these places.