Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

hi, i was remotely harrassed by someone. need ur advice to

Customer Question
free my life....
hi, i was remotely harrassed by someone. need ur advice to free my life.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Relationship
3/6/2010
Counselor: Angela, Counselor replied 7 years ago
Angela
Angela, Counselor
Hello R,
If you are in a relationship in which you are being harassed, you could tell the individual to stop harassing you and that you are cutting off all communication with him/her (-in your own words etc.) and follow up your statement by telling him/her if contact is made again you will file a police report. You could call the police to file a report or you could go into a police station to do it if you don't want the police to come to your home. You may also consider changing your home and/or cell phone numbers. If he/she comes around your house even after you told him/her not to, then you should contact the police and file a police report so that it is legally documented that you have asked the individual to leave you alone and he\she has not done so. Even if he\she does not come around your house but continues to contact you in any manner, I would still file a police report due to the individual not respecting your wishes to leave you alone. The other reason I suggest filing a police report is, if it becomes necessary, you could contact the police and take it to the next step (legally speaking) which would require the individual to stop contacting you (for example: you could pursue getting a restraining order etc.).If at anytime you feel unsafe, immediately dial 911.

Edited by Angela (M. A. in Community Psy.) on 3/6/2010 at 1:32 PM EST

I am sorry. I am not in a relationship some stranger implanted RNM element into my food. your answer didnt solve my problem.

but thanks for your response.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Can the money be refunded back to my account?
Angela
Angela
Angela, Counselor