Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I am dating a man for the 2nd time ( 2 mths). The first time

I am dating a man for the 2nd time ( 2 mths). The first time we where not in the same place. I am 50 and he is 55. He says he really likes me A LOT!!! and I feel the same. I feel like I could fall in love with this man but he was burned by his ex-wife 5 YEARS AGO and says he is hard hearted. He says he is only dating me and no one else and I do not need to worry about anything!! He has removed himself from dating sites. He tells me that I am not like any other women but it is a problem with him. Should I continue to give this relationship a chance or should I bail again?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello T,
Based on what you have written, I think you should make your decision based on how you feel overall with the relationship. For example: does he satisfy your needs mentally, emotionally, physically, and sexually? If the answer is no in any of these areas, do you feel as though it will change in the future? Is he willing to work on these areas? Also, does he share your future goals such as financially, retirement wise, and etc.? If not, is he willing to compromise with you in these areas so that you are both satisfied? These are the types of questions you should think about and weigh the answers to in order for you to know better whether you should stick around or move on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
  • Thank you!! We have been talking about this relationship recently because of a disagreement. He pulled away for a few days and said that he wanted to be by himself. He tells me that he is hard hearted because he has been burned. He says that I am a very nurturing women and for which he never has experienced. He told me last night that he knew that I loved him and I explained that I could not say that I do (think it shocked him). I feel love is a process!! - you have to like before you love. We are attracted with great chemistry. I get so many mixed signals from him. Almost like if we get too close he bolts!
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello T,
My pleasure, I wish you the best with your situation.