How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.G. Your Own Question
Dr.G., Psychologist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1523
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr.G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and I live together and we are having trouble

Resolved Question:

My boyfriend and I live together and we are having trouble communicating. When he is mad he doesnt talk, so I dont know what is wrong. Lately he has been spending more time on his phone talking to ex's instead of hanging out with me. What can I do to get him to open up more?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
I think the best thing to do is to teach him how to treat you. When he gives you the silent treatment (like a child does) you are left guessing what is wrong. So I say you tell him to stop acting like a child and to use his words to let you know how he feels. Do not beg him to talk and do not harp on him. Simply say when you can talk like a big boy then come and talk to me otherwise go pout in another room. As far as the ex goes, totally unacceptable and you need to let him know this. If all else fails then you two can go to couples therapy to address the communication issue.
Dr.G. and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank you i will give it a shot! Thank you