How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1768
Experience:  PHD LPC
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We lived together 5 yrs. She was critical of my kids, my oldest

Resolved Question:

We lived together 5 yrs. She was critical of my kids, my oldest had gotten some DUI's. But her daughter wasn't any better. I made her move out. She moved to another state and didn't like it. I helped her move back here into an apt. We were going to try it again. We went out and I would take her home, no touching or lovemaking. Not sure what was going on. She finally met someone new. It knocked my socks off. She wanted to be friends, but she won't even take my calls. Other feedback says No Contact. I want her back but I don't know what to say or do. I've been in NC for a little over a month.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 7 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

Sounds like she moved on with her life and now is trying to establish new rules for you, that is, no contact. Hurts I'm sure especially since you helped her move back. She will say you were the one who made her leave, which is what you did.
You want her back, but right now she isn't available. The best you can do is leave her alone, let her go and if this relationship she is currently in doesn't work, odds are she'll call you. It's unfortunate that you two didn't try counseling when you were together. You might have worked out the issues your both had with each others children. So, if by chance this current boyfriend isn't around for a long time and you decide to try again, I would suggest you get into couples therapy so that any problems you have or will have can be put on the table and resolved.
Please click accept and leave feedback when you are satisfied.
Dr. Keane and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you