Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

Im a 31 yr old woman that has been wanting a relationship.

Customer Question

Im a 31 yr old woman that has been wanting a relationship. I was seeing this guy for a yr & had to let go of him because even though he cared about me & we were intimite he didn't want to be my boyfriend. New Years eve I met this very cute guy & made the mistake of sleeping with him that very night. The next morning he offered to go for breakfast with some friends. I seem to get obsess easiy, especially if I sleep with them. Well yesterday he texted me after work & I offered to pick him up from work but he said he was already on his way. After I responded to his last text he never texted me bk. Should I text him today to wish him a good day at work or should I play hard to get to see if he will call or text? Also how can I get him to invite me out on a date this week,I don't know if he dares to since he doesnt have a car but i dont mind driving & should I mention to him that I normally dont sleep with the guy on the 1st night so he doesnt think I always do that.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
Ok first off don't play games with him. If you like him then tell him. If you want a date with him then tell him. if you have these feelings for him then share it with him. Playing hard to get will only complicate things. There is nothing wrong with you making the first move. Be honest with him and see how he responds. Tell him whatever you feel is important for him to know. If you want it to work out then you need to be honest with him. Sharing your feelings is not being obsessive; it is a good thing. Good luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

But dont you think its a little too fast? I just met him Thurs night going on friday. I don't want to scare him off plus I invited him out Saturday night & he couldnt make it because he was working & still had to go home. I dont want to get rejected for the third time even though he did text me the next day asking if I had fun & should I mention anything about me sleeping with him on the 1st night??

Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
It is not moving too fast. You want to hang out with him don't you? Then tell him. the worst he can say is no or he is not interested. Plan for something this weekend and see if he wants to do soemthing or not. Don't mention anything about sleeping on the first night. If he asks then tell him but otherwise that would be moving too fast.