How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.G. Your Own Question
Dr.G., Psychologist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1523
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr.G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been in lesbian relationship for 4years and for the

Customer Question

i have been in lesbian relationship for 4years and for the past 12months i hve been contributing to my partners house payments and paying all utility bills. What am i entitled to now we have separated?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
Sorry to tell you but you are not entitled to anything. Even if you can prove you made payments the judge would tell you that you you would have had to make payments to live if you were on your own. SO getting reimbursed for living expenses is out of the question. On the other hand, if you can prove that you bought things for your partner as a loan or have lent money as a loan then you can get that back. My guess is that it would be hard to prove unless you and your partner had something in writing saying it was a loan. Probably not what you wanted to hear huh? Good luck to you.