How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.G. Your Own Question
Dr.G., Psychologist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1492
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr.G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lived with my boyfriend for more than a year and while we

Resolved Question:

I lived with my boyfriend for more than a year and while we were together he had ask me to have loan in y name with the bank to pay a surgery for him since his credit wasn't good. The amount due to te bank is $9650. Also, he used my credit card where he had a debt of $5500. He has been sending me for the past year $350 for the loan and $200 for the credit card every month.
Right now I am planing to move to Europe and I want to make sure he continuing paying or he pay-off the total. I request from him to ask for a loan so I can pay the total amount of the debt before I move but he said that the bank denied him.
Is there any document or legal form that he can sign where explain the obligation he has to make payments until he pays off the debt?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
You and him can sign an agreement and that will be legally binding. On the bright side, if you ever have to take him to court to get the money back he cant say it was a gift because you have proof he started paying you back. As long as he continues to pay then I would keep that arrangement. Write down a proposal and have him sign it regarding his obligation. Good luck!!!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Will this document a legal certification that he needs to pay me? Can I ask him to increase the amount that he is paying now so the loan and credit card pay off faster? Any suggestion and what to put in the document in case something happen to him and he is not able to pay?
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
Of course you can ask for more but if it is not documented then it does not count. You need to be able to prove the amounts he has paid you if you were to take this to court. Basically put in the document....X agrees to pay Y x amount of money on a monthly basis until his total debt of Z is paid off. You sign and he sign and it is binding. Oh, also put what the charges were for. Easy enough and good luck. Like I said, if he does not sign then you still can prove he owes you the money and take him to court.
Dr.G. and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you