How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.G. Your Own Question
Dr.G., Psychologist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1492
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr.G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My current girlfriend just end a 5 month relationship. During

Resolved Question:

My current girlfriend just end a 5 month relationship. During this time I made 2 months of her rent and car payments on a credit card. When payment was made I told her that I was loaning her the monies. At the break up I ask for the monies back. She has refused. So my question is can I legally call my credit card co and have the charges reversed?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 7 years ago.
I believe you will have to go through the court system and provide documentation to the credit card company that these charges are being disputed. I don't know how much time you have for that but that is an option. It also would be hard to prove that it was not a gift unless you had something in writing. It sounds like this might be a lost cause and that you should chalk it up to a lessoned learned. Sorry for your debt but learn from it and don't be so generous next time. Good luckl.

Edited by Dr.G. on 11/23/2009 at 2:44 PM EST
Dr.G. and 2 other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions