How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Rossi Your Own Question
Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi, im nassrin .my brother has deep depression .what can i

Customer Question

hi, i'm nassrin .my brother has deep depression .what can i do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning.


Depression is a serious condition.

Perhaps you could encourage him to see a psychiatrist for medication and a counselor to talk to. If he does not want to talk to a psychiatrist, a family doctor can prescribe medication for depression.


Depression causes people not to want to engage socially or do the things they used to do. Try to encourage him to stay connected with other people and to do things that he likes whatever they are- hobbies, sports, etc.


suggested book-


What To Do When Someone You Love Is Depressed : A Practical, Compassionate, and Helpful Guide by Mitch Golant Ph.D. and Susan K. Golant (Paperback - Mar 15, 1998)

Edited by Dr Rossi on 10/8/2009 at 12:15 PM EST
Dr Rossi and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we cannot convince him to see adoctor. he says you all are crazy and i don't have any problem. he is 32 years old and married. he thiks that we all are his enemies. he hurts every one. he don't want to see us. he left his home and living with a friend. his wife is confiused that how he can be changed in 3 months.we all are worried. can he be dangerous for others? before we were very close friends. i love him and don't know what to do.i'm in dubai and he is in iran in his friend house.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

If you reside in the US and have a valid concern that he may hurt self or another person, you can find out in your state of residence how to go about getting involuntary help for him. That only lasts 72 hours and if the person proves to be fit they release them.


If possible, perhaps the roommate may assist you at least in convincing him to go to a regular doctor for medication.