Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

How do I tell my employer that I do not want them to attend

How do I tell my employer that I do not want them to attend any funeral that I might have within my family?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 8 years ago.
Hi and welcome,
If you have a problem with your employer I suggest you tell them when it's appropriate. If they ask about any funeral arrangements, tell them it's is a private family affair and you would tell them you would like to keep it private but thank them for their concern. You are allowed to tell then how you feel. If, in spite of your request, they show up at a service that involves a member of your family you should understand that most people who attend funerals do so out of respect and it could be awkward for you to say anything then.
Dr. Keane
Please click ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK when you are satisfied.