Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

how often should copules be having sex in order to maintain

Customer Question

how often should copules be having sex in order to maintain a healthy realitionship
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

You've told me that your 39, and may I ask the age of your partner?

Are you a married couple? If so, how long have you been married?

If you're not married, how long have you been together?

Are you asking this because you feel you're not having sex as often as you'd like, or because you feel you're being asked to have sex more often than you'd prefer, by your partner?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my husband is 41 and we have been married for 14 years i am asking because id like to have it more often. its been a while since we had sex and yet when he wants it i cant give in.
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

Many couples have sex as often as they feel it is wanted, needed and convenient for both of them. There is no number that is 'correct' for everyone, as all couples have different schedules, obligations and distractions.

If you feel you want sex more often than your husband, discuss this with him and see if you can come up with a more equitable number of times per week or per month, that will be satisfactory to you both. Women of your age are at their sexual peak, and this may be why you desire to have sex more often than your husband. Men of this age are usually not interested in having sex more often than their female counterparts.

I think you'll find this article interesting:

http://www.elle.com/Living/Society-Culture/The-Number-How-Often-Should-Couples-Have-Sex

Having a discussion about this important facet of your marriage will help put you on a better track of understanding each other's needs and hopefully, lead to increased sex for you.

Cher

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

is it normal for women of my age to masturbuate and is there anything wrong in doing so

Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hi again,

No, there is nothing wrong in women of your age who like to masturbate; masturbation is 'self-pleasuring', and you are entitled to do it whenever you like.

Cher