Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

I know I love my boyfriend. But lately Ive been having anxiety,

I know I love my boyfriend. But lately I've been having anxiety, which makes me apprehensive to the point where I question my love for him. I love him, and I want to be with him without having to worry whether or not it's real. How can I do this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

May I ask your ages?

How long have you known him and/or been going out as boyfriend and girlfriend?

Are you only anxious about whether you really love him or is there someone else you find attractive and might want to be with?

Is there any doubt that his love for YOU is real?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im eighteen years old, he's nineteen, and both about to enter college in a week. I've known him since my freshman year of high school, and we've been together almost two years. There's no one else, and honestly, I barely even notice other guys anymore. I know that he loves me, and there is no doubt in my mind about it.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

I think it's wonderful that you've known each other for many years and have been in a relationship for two years.

It's possible that because you're about to enter college, you are experiencing 'misplaced' anxiety about your relationship, but are really excited and anxious about embarking on a new educational experience. You didn't mention it specifically, but I assume since you didn't say you were both going to different colleges or would be separated, I'm figuring you're both attending the same school.

When you're a college student, you'll be meeting many new people, and it's possible that you might be attracted to some other men you meet in classes, on campus, etc. You're both quite young, and this may test your relationship, but if you truly love each other, it will endure.

If you know you love him and he loves you, don't worry about whether it is 'real'; it's been real for years, and you need to believe in, and have confidence, in your love for each other, then your anxiety will stop.

I wish you both much good luck with school and with each other.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much! :)
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
You're most welcome! I wish you the best of luck!

Cher