Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

i am 37 year old female who has been seeing a 30 year old man.

Customer Question
He is not quite ready...
i am 37 year old female who has been seeing a 30 year old man. He is not quite ready to settle down< on the other hand i am ready to start a family very soon (considering my age). He wants to see other people and I know isnt ready for that commitment. Do I let him go? It seems like it might take too long to find someone else. I just feel this biological clock ticking very loudly, and this is the first time it is really starting to bother me. what do i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Relationship
8/2/2009
Counselor: KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert replied 8 years ago
KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Customer

Though it may seem that you will have to wait too long to find someone else you also do not want to continue to wait for him to be ready and then it be too late to have a baby anyways, it's better to find someone with the same long term plans as you if you wait for him to be ready you may be waiting way longer than you would wait to find someone else that is willing to settle down and give you the children you want, the way you made it sound he won't be ready anytime soon. I would suggest you talking to him about what it is that you want and if he isn't willing to give you what you want then it may be time to walking away and find someone that will be willing to give you what you want and who wants a long term relationship with a family.

KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
KimberlyF
KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert